Sunday 18 March 2012

Matcha Matsu and other green things

Seeing as though yesterday was St. Paddy's day/Irish awareness day/be kind to gingers day, and I am a ginger of Irish descent\leprechaun, I found it quite necessary to celebrate, though not in the usual way.

I was certainly sporting my greenest attire (a lime green golf shirt and khakis), which made me immensely happy. It's probably my favorite color to wear. That and brown. I'm a walking forest most of the time. No wonder I get along so well with environmentalists.

Since I don't drink beer, and it's highly frowned upon not to drink some sort of green beverage on St. Paddy's day, I made my way to Davids tea to get some green tea instead. The resident matcha expert was working, and so I asked her opinion on the best way to enjoy this regal beverage. Apparently iced with soy and agave is the way to go! It was definitely delicious. If you haven't tried it this way, then I highly recommend it. If you've never tried matcha before, then I super recommend it. It'll change your life. I was so energetic afterwards. I settled for two "pints" of this. An excellent life choice indeed.

Naturally, the most sensible thing to do after consuming green beverages is to practice yoga...or maybe that's just me. I did so in my finest green athletic attire, which makes it all the more awesome. We even got to leap frog our way around the class to practice jumping through. It brought me back to my frogger playing days, oh nostalgia.

To make the day all the more Irish, my brother and I played some golf at the simulator. I played super awesome, probably because I was wearing all green and a golf hat. These increase your skill level substantially.

Hopefully yesterday's shenanigans treated you well. Enjoy the last few days of winter. Spring will soon be upon us! Speaking of spring, the spring collection is most delicious. Pink flamingo iced is most excellent.

Live long and prosper,

FKA

No comments:

Post a Comment