Saturday 11 February 2012

Thighs of steel

It's been 9 days since I could last ride the bus and I must say that it has been smooth sailing so far. I carpool with my boss 4 days a week and spend the rest of my time close to home.

I've been doing a colossal amount of tutoring lately and, since my normal mode of transportation no longer exists, I have to walk from meeting place to meeting place and back to home base.

I've been logging an average of 4 km a day and my thighs are toning up quite nicely! This makes my hamstrings, the opposing muscle group, relatively more open than they were before and I am definitely noticing a difference in my yoga practice. I can fold forward much more easily and everything else seems to be coming along nicely as well.

I also made a yoga playlist for myself and it has definitely taken my energy to the next level. Yesterday my energy and focus were through the roof. It was an amazing experience. For some reason, the song bring me to life by evanescence does exactly that! I feel like sharing the playlist, so here it is:

1. Angels- Robbie Williams
2. Come Undone- Robbie Williams
3. Don't look back in anger-Noel Gallagher
4. The warrior-Scandal
5. Rolling in the deep-Adele
6. Bring me to life- Evanescence
7. Set fire to the rain- Adele
8. Come Clarity- Inflames
9. Beneath the surface- Dream theater
10. Far from Heaven- Dream theater
11. open arms- Journey
12. Faithfully- Journey
13. Name- goo goo dolls
14. One- U2
15. Walk on- U2
16. Fields of gold- Sting
17. I will- Beatles

I am quite happy with it so far, but it's could use one or two more songs to bring it to the proper duration. I'll figure that out though.

Now that my thighs and hamstrings are happy i'll be looking forward to hitting the map 6 days a week as planned. Hopefully your tea drinking and or yoga journeys are going famously.

Walk on,

FKA


No comments:

Post a Comment