Tuesday 7 February 2012

morning people

Everyone knows someone that is unnecessarily energetic in the morning. They are known as morning people. They can often be found singing in showers, talking to their groggy and overtired friends on the bus while they stare blankly into space half paying attention to their chipper friends conversation about...something. I have never been a morning person, so I can't recall any conversations I've had with morning people.

I am a space cadet most of the time, but I am the king of all space cadets in the morning. I need colossal amounts of tea to get me going...that and about 90 minutes. I am a little pokey in the morning to say the least.

However, now that the buses are on strike in my city, I need to get up at 6 am every morning so I can be ready to hop in the car with my ride at 715 am. No fun at all. It is getting easier, though and I can even recall vague details of some of the conversations that are had on the 45 minute morning commute.

It is amazing how much you can accomplish in a day when you wake up before the sun. When I get home I am actually done for the day since I have so much time to kill throughout the day! I never thought I'd say this, but this waking up early thing might not be such a bad thing.

I'll need copious amounts of tea to kick start my mind, but I think I may be able to pull this off after all. Perhaps I'll even greet people with the occasional "Top of the morning to ya."


Live long and prosper,

FKA




No comments:

Post a Comment